Zopiclone 10mg (High Strength)
$60.00 – $420.00
Zopiclone are quick and very effective sleeping pills to combat Insomnia ensuring an undisturbed night’s sleep.
Zopiclone belongs to a group of medicines called hypnotics. It is a fast-acting sleeping tablet and is prescribed primarily to help with short term sleep problems. Zopiclone may be prescribed to help with sleep problems such as difficulties falling asleep, staying asleep or waking up too soon or early. Zopiclone is also sold as Zimovane and Imovane.
When taking Sleeping Pills for the treatment of Insomnia, the NHS recommended one 10mg tablet one hour before you go to bed.
As previously stated above, this medication should not be taken for more than 4 weeks at a time and is recommended for short term sleeping problems only.
Patients with either kidney or liver problems should consult a doctor before ordering this medication.
It’s important to read the patient leaflet here
HOW TO USE ZOPICLONE 10MG
Sleeping Pills should not be chewed or crushed they must be swallowed whole with water. Please take care not to exceed the dosage and always store your medication far away from children. It is recommended that Zopiclone 10mg tablets should only be used by adults over 18 years old.
|Type of medicine||Hypnotic (sleeping tablet)|
|Used for||Insomnia (sleeping problems)|
Insomnia, or poor sleep, is fairly common but it does not usually last for long. It may mean that you have difficulty getting off to sleep, or you may wake up for long periods during the night, or you may wake up too early in the morning. ‘Sleeping tablets’ like zopiclone are considered to be a last resort, but they are sometimes prescribed for a short period of time to help with a particularly bad patch of insomnia.
Zopiclone belongs to a class of medicines commonly called Z drugs. It works by acting on the way messages are sent in your brain, which helps you to sleep. It reduces the time it takes for you to fall asleep and increases the length of time you spend sleeping.
Zopiclone will often work well in the short term, but it is not normally prescribed for more than two to four weeks. This is because your body gets used to it within a short period of time and after this, it is unlikely to have the same effect. Your body may also become dependent on it when it is taken for longer periods of time than this.
Some medicines are not suitable for people with certain conditions, and sometimes a medicine may only be used if extra care is taken. For these reasons, before you start taking zopiclone it is important that your doctor knows:
- If you are pregnant, trying for a baby, or breastfeeding.
- If you have any breathing problems, or if you have sleep apnoea, a problem where you stop breathing for short periods at night.
- If you have a condition called myasthenia gravis, or if you have any other condition causing muscle weakness, especially if this causes breathing difficulties.
- If you have ever had a drug addiction.
- If you have a mental health problem.
- If you have any problems with the way your liver works or any problems with the way your kidneys work.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to a medicine.
- If you are taking or using any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, as well as herbal and complementary medicines.
- Before you start the treatment, read the manufacturer’s printed information leaflet from inside the pack. It will give you more information about zopiclone and will provide you with a full list of the side effects which you may experience from taking it.
- It is usual to be prescribed one tablet (7.5 mg) to be taken just before going to bed. Do not take more than one dose during a single night.
- If you are over 65 years of age, your doctor may consider the 3.75 mg strength tablets more suitable for you.
- Take zopiclone exactly as your doctor tells you to. You could be advised to take a tablet only two or three nights per week, rather than every night.
Getting the most from your treatment (zopiclone 10mg)
- Do not take zopiclone for longer than your doctor advises. It is only recommended for a maximum period of four weeks. This is because your body gets used to this medicine quickly, and after this time it is unlikely to have the same effect. Your body can also become dependent on it when it is taken longer than this.
- The tablets will make you sleepy and you could still feel sleepy the next day. Do not drive and do not use tools or machines on the following day unless your reactions have returned to normal.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are on zopiclone. It will increase the risk of side effects such as sleepwalking and doing other things that you are unable to remember when you wake up.
- When you stop taking zopiclone, your doctor may advise you to reduce the dose slowly to help prevent your sleep problems from returning. Follow any directions you are given.
- If you are planning a trip abroad, you are advised to carry a letter with you from your doctor to explain that you have been prescribed zopiclone. This is because zopiclone is classed as a ‘controlled drug’ and is subject to certain restrictions.
Along with their useful effects, most medicines can cause unwanted side effects although not everyone experiences them. The table below contains some of the most common ones associated with zopiclone. You will find a full list in the manufacturer’s information leaflet supplied with your medicine. The unwanted effects often improve as your body adjusts to the new medicine, but speak with your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following continue or become troublesome.
|Common zopiclone side-effects (these affect fewer than 1 in 10 people)||What can I do if I experience this?|
|Feeling sleepy or tired||If you continue to feel sleepy the morning after, do not drive and do not use tools or machines until your reactions have returned to normal|
|A bitter or metallic aftertaste, dry mouth||Try chewing sugar-free gum or sucking sugar-free sweets|
Some people taking medicines like zopiclone have done things while they are asleep that they do not remember when they wake up, such as sleepwalking, sleep-driving, and having sex. If this happens to you, discuss it with your doctor.
If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to the tablets, speak with your doctor or pharmacist for further advice.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
- Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct heat and light.
|If you buy any medicines, check with a pharmacist that they are safe to take with your other medicines.|
Never take more than the prescribed dose. If you suspect that you or someone else might have taken an overdose of this medicine go to the accident and emergency department of your local hospital at once. Take the container with you, even if it is empty.
If you are having an operation or dental treatment, tell the person carrying out the treatment which medicines you are taking.
This medicine is for you. Never give it to other people even if their condition appears to be the same as yours.
Do not keep out-of-date or unwanted medicines. Take them to your local pharmacy which will dispose of them for you.
If you have any questions about this medicine ask your pharmacist.
Zopiclone 10mg (28 Tablets), Zopiclone 10mg (56 Tablets), Zopiclone 10mg (70 Tablets), Zopiclone 10mg (140 Tablets), Zopiclone 10mg (280 Tablets)