Sterile Magic Mushroom substrate for p. Cubensis Large
Mushroom Substrate Large kit contains 1200 ml of sterile substrate for mushroom cultivation. This substrate kit is designed for the needs of the Cubensis mushroom. You add the spores and grow whatever strain you like.
We recommend to use Liquid Culture for a better development of the spores, it comes with the kit.
Needs spores? Adding Spores will get you an extra 10% discount. Just add a spores Syringe / Vial to you cart for the discount to apply.
You`re in control. Grow your own Magic!
Buy Sterile Magic Mushroom substrate for p. Cubensis Large
Mushroom Substrate Kit Large | Sterile Substrate for mushroom cultivation
The mushroom sterilized substrate can be thought of as soil for a plant. This sterilized substrate needs to be inoculated with our liquid cultures obtained from spores.
Mushroom Substrate Kit contains
- Container with 1200 cc/ml sterile substrate mix
- Liquid Culture 10 ml
- Injection port
- Fruiting Bag with Filter
- Alcohol swap
The sterilized substrate with a moisture content: 60-65%. A mixture of whole oat, vermiculite, perlite, and Gypsum.
Recommended products to use
- Spore syringe
- Spore Vial
- Face mask
- Disinfectant hand gel
Always store your substrate kit in a clean refrigerator! We recommend using the substrate kit as soon as possible. The kit can be kept under refrigerated conditions for up to 6 weeks.
How to use a Mushroom Substrate Kit: Instructions
Phase 1 – Prepare the Liquid Culture
Wash your hands and clean the working area!
- Shake the spore vial or syringe very well to make sure all spores are floating.
- Disinfect the injection site of the liquid culture and the spore vial or syringe with the alcohol swab.
- Inject 2 ml of spore solution in the Liquid culture
Shake the inoculated liquid culture vigorously once a day every day for 10 days Store the inoculated liquid culture in a place between 23-27 degrees Celsius. The liquid culture is ready when you see a cloud floating in the suspension. This is mycelium..
Your Liquid culture is ready, It is called the Master Culture, if used and stored properly you can have lots of mycelium from only a bit of spore..
- If the liquid is murky, it means there is contamination and the culture is unusable.
- If you don’t use the liquid culture for 10 days, store it in the refrigerator
Phase 2 – Inoculation
- Wash your hands and clean your working area
- The clean injection site of the sterilized substrate and liquid culture
- Retract 10ml (1200 CC kit) or 10 ml (2100 CC) from the liquid culture
- Inject spore suspension, through the injection site of the kit
- After inoculation turn and shake the box 360 degrees in all directions
- store the kit in a dark place with a temperature between 23 °-27°C
After inoculation, you’ll see mycelium form. A white fungus will gradually fill the sterilized substrate. This can take up to 2-3 weeks depending on the temperature.
Phase 3 – Fruiting and Spore collection
~ Please keep in mind that fruiting mushrooms can be illegal in your country. Always check your local laws before entering this stage. ~
When the substrate is fully colonized it’s time to get the fruits growing to collect mushroom spores or mushroom tissue to continue your research or cultivation.